APPROVAL OF FEBRUARY 24, 2010 AND MARCH 10, 2010 MINUTES
ADDITIONS / DELETIONS TO AGENDA
COUNCIL ACTIONS SINCE LAST MEETING
NEW YOUTH MEMBER
VETERANS’ MEMORIAL RIVER PARK
Letter to organizations
Up dated needs list
EDC Grant application
CITY OF PELICAN RAPIDS PARK BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 31, 2010
The City of Pelican Rapids Park Board held its regular meeting at 8:00a.m., Wednesday, March 31, 2010, Council Chambers, City Hall, 315 N Broadway. Board Members, Mel Zierke, Sandy Irey, David Gottenborg, Terra Fitzsimmons, and secretary Annie Wrigg were present. Mikalya Jensen, Denise Magnusson, and Sally Huynh were absent. City Administrator Don Solga, Street and Park Superintendent Brian Olson and Ashley Phan were also present.
Zierke called to order at 8:05am Quarum established.
No additions or deletions
Minute approval moved to the end
Moved Veterans park discussion up.
Gottenborg presented update and estimate for Wes Pare and work. Olson question on type of irrigation system. Gottenborg stated everything is included in this price. Additional information by Swedberg nursery. Gottenborg checked prices with Mary Nelson to comparer. Gottenborg felt we could plant them ourselves.
Zierke and Irey went to Oktoberfest $8838 benches tables and $2500 to finish trees and such. City gave $2500 for the grading work. Fitzsimmons will finish the Oktoberfest. What other kind of money is available? Magnusson finished the grant for the EDC. Solga said EDC will look at the grant in May meeting. Gottenborg is gonna bring this to the Rotary Board. Irey attended the Friends of the Pelican Rapids Public Library meeting and they were interested in the grass seed. Other organizations have also expressed interest.
Gottenborg when and where do we start? Gottenborg would like to plant trees in mid-April. Olson will talk to Egge's to get the sitework done then we need to relay this park. After dirt work, we need to get trees and then irrigation. Then we need to get grass established.
Gottenborg left at 9:01am End of quorum.
The stuff from Patio World will get to shipped to City Shop.
Olson would like to talk with Pare and double check that he knows the current, etc.
Additional meeting to be determined later.
Hope to have all them in place in by Memorial Day. Irey and Olson will place them.
Is Lake Region willing to donate to the flowers again? Fitzsimmons is gonna check.
Solga May 2008 Velo wants to see a diagram of what Park Board wants to do with his land. Then show him what they have and then recognition to the family and recognition to his brother. Maybe a table and some rocks.
Quorum was lost and minutes from February meeting to be approved in April along with replacement youth on the Park Board.
Meeting closed at 9:37am.